Review: Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack

Thursday, October 18, 2018
Cica, also known as Centella Asiatica, is undoubtedly 2018's beauty product ingredient of the year. Tons of beauty brands released products that creatively features and embraces this trendy ingredient. Rovectin,  a cosmeceutical skincare brand which comes from luxury cosmetic laboratory in Santa Monica, CA, USA, is one of the brands to do so, launching their Cica Care Product Line. The Cica Care Line consists of three products: Cica Care Purifying Toner (review here), Cica Care Balm and the Cica Care Sleeping Pack.

I was lucky enough to be given a chance by Style Korean to test out the Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack. Proceed to the review below to know my thoughts, but first, a brief introduction to Centella Asiatica.

Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack
Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack

What is Centella Asiatica (Cica)?

Cica is also known as Centella Asiatica, Gotu Kola, Indian Pennywort or Wild Violet. Locally, it's referred to as Takip Kohol in the Philippines. Centella is a prostrate, creeping, sparingly hairy or nearly smooth perennial herb, with delicate and slender stems rooting at the nodes. It grows in temperate and tropical swampy areas in many world regions. It is commonly used as a culinary vegetable and as a medicinal herb.

Cica Benefits:

  • It is effective in treating wounds - A study testing the efficacy of Centella Asiatica in wound healing concluded that Asiatica Acid seemed to be the most active component for healing the wound. In India it is better known as the tiger herb, because wounded tigers have been spotted rolling themselves in Centella leaves to help aid healing battle wounds.
  • It has anti-inflammatory properties - A study using titrated extract of Centella asiatica (TECA) treatment showed that it slowed down the development of PA-induced atopic dermatitis.
  • It lightens hyperpigmentation - A study showed that Cica has softened skin lesions, lightened hyperpigmentation and improved of general skin condition of patients.
Honestly, there are a lot more benefits of Cica, but I cannot summarize them all in this post. If you want to know more, visit here, here or here. These sites offers an in depth discussion about what Centella is. 


Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack

About the Product

Cica Care Sleeping Pack is a highly refined sleeping mask that restores troubled skin with Centella Asiatica extract and Rovectin's Barrier Repair Complex overnight. It enhances skin-related quality of life and tolerability from extremely stressed skin conditions.


Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack

Ingredients

Water, glycerin, dipropylene glycol, butylene glycol, trehalose, betaine, cetyl ethylhexanoate, dicaprylyl carbonate, centella asiatica extract, protease, panthenol, moringa pterygosperma seed extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, propanediol, glyceryl polyacrylate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, allantoin, xanthan gum, saussurea involucrata extract, rubus chamaemorus fruit extract, selaginella lepidophylla extract, tropolone, sodium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, sodium polyacrylate, hydrogenated polydecene, caprylic/capric triglyceride, trideceth-10, caprylhydroxamic acid, 1,2-hexanediol, boswellia serrata resin extract, brassica oleracea italica (broccoli) extract, lithospermum erythrorhizon root oil, bioflavonoids, geranium maculatum oil.

"We believe that not containing irritant and potentially harmful ingredients is as important as containing beneficial ingredients. Rovectin Skin Essentials contains necessary ingredients that are safe and essential to improve skin's inherent functionalities."

This is shown at the back of the box. You can only expect that the ingredients list contains only the right stuff.  Know more about the ingredients from SkinCarisma.

Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack

How to Use

Apply to face and irritated skin area. Suitable for sensitive and dry skin. Apply as often as necessary. Use morning and/or night.

Side note: This is the directions in the tube. I'm a bit hesitant though, it's a sleeping pack which can also be used in the morning? Nonetheless, I only apply this before I go to sleep at the end of my skincare routine.

Price/Where to Buy

1896 PHP or 36.38 USD at Style Korean. They ship internationally and offer free shipping for a minimum total cost. 

My Experience

Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack

Packaging

Product comes in a clean and crisp white 80ml tube. I love tubes because it is a very hygienic type of packaging. The tube also has pink accents which adds a welcome splash of color in its aesthetic.  It is simple but attractive. All necessary information is also well displayed and easy to find including the expiration date.

Scent

Just like the Rovectin Cica Care Purifying Toner, it smells herbal-ly. It's like something that my mom could use as an ingredient to cook. Hmmm. Something like lemon-grass, maybe? It's not as strong though, so no worries. I don't mind also because it goes away fairly quickly when the product is absorbed. 

Texture

Product comes in a cloudy thick gel consistency. However, once applied onto the skin, it is actually very light-weight. 

Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack
Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack is cloudy.

Application

The gel glides smoothly and melts immediately upon application. Product is easily absorbed by the skin, leaving a semi-matte finish. A soothing sensation is also noticeable. 

Results

I noticed that as I continue to use this religiously, together with the Cica Care Purifying Toner (review here), the breakouts in my chin area has drastically healed. My skin got irritated when I tried using a product that has Propolis (more on that later) and these products have helped my skin condition get better. I apply this to lock in moisture from the other layers of my skincare routine and I feel that it is doing that well. I wake up having moisturized skin, which is nice. It's also great to note that it does not make me oilier than normal. 

Rovectin Cica Care Sleeping Pack

My Thoughts

PROS:
  • No paraben
  • No added fragrance
  • No colorant
  • No mineral oil
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Glides smoothly on application
  • Easily absorbed and is light-weight
  • Soothes irritated skin
  • Helped heal my breakouts
  • Locks moisture in
CONS:
  • Very pricey
  • Smell can be off-putting for some people
Rovectin's Cica Care Sleeping Pack is the very first sleeping pack that I have ever used, so I'm not that much reliable in judging its performance in that aspect. However, I have found that it does lock in moisture which is what a good sleeping mask should be able to do. It also did help heal my breakouts, while also preventing new breakouts from populating my face. Other than that, it didn't really do much for me. I think that there are other sleeping packs that could perform better that actually cost less. I did enjoy using this product though, but I think that I will continue to use it only on problematic areas from now on. 

I am extremely thankful to Style Korean for letting me try this product. I would also like to mention that Rovectin is a brand which has a truly great mission: for everyone to feel comfortable in their skin. For them, comfortable skin leads to a more confident life. Who doesn't want that? For more information in the brand and their products, you can visit their website

Repurchase?

Maybe, leaning to not really. 

Related Items:

Have you tried this product? How did it work for you? What's your favorite Sleeping Pack? Let me know in the comments below.


Note: This product was provided by Style Korean for a review but all thoughts are my own and are not influenced by the brand and/or its affiliates. 

Post a Comment

Veronica Decides to Blog