Review: Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner

Thursday, October 18, 2018
Sensitive and irritated skin will never be in trend. Unfortunately for us, due to our lifestyle and stress that is what most of us end up with. How often do you wish to go back to what your skin looked like when you were younger? Do you wish to repair all damages time have caused? Rovectin, a cosmeceutical skincare brand which comes from luxury cosmetic laboratory in Santa Monica, CA, USA, understands this sentiment.

They recently launched their Cica Care Product Line to target our skin concerns. The Cica Care Line consists of three products: Cica Care Purifying TonerCica Care Balm and the Cica Care Sleeping Pack (review here). I was lucky enough to be chosen by Style Korean to test out some of these products. One of which is the Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner.

Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner
Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner

About the Product

The Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner is a gentle toner which refines and soothes irritated skin with madecassoside and panthenol. It enhances skin-related quality of life and tolerability from extremely stressed skin conditions. It is a toner packed with benefits for your tired and damaged skin. This toner not only helps cure damaged and sensitive skin, but its ingredients also help hydrate, whiten, and prevent wrinkles.

Ingredients

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Propanediol, Methylpropanediol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Sodium Citrate, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Centella Asiatica Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Phosphatidylcholine, Madecassoside, Ceramide NP, Glycine, Glutamic Acid, Serine, Lysine, Alanine, Arginine, Threonine, Proline

Active ingredients and functions: 


  • Houttuynia Cordata and Centella Asiatica - soothes and calms allergic skin condition
  • Madecassoside - helps regenerate skin cells to make the skin looks more supple, glowing, and healthy 
  • Ceramide and Panthenol - helps strengthen the barrier of the damaged skin

Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner
The bottle is so sturdy!

How to Use

Use morning and night, after cleansing. Sweep over face and neck, avoiding eye area. 

Price/Where to Buy

1728 PHP or 32 USD at Style Korean. They ship internationally and offer free shipping for a minimum order total cost.

Though it may look pricey, the large size (260ml) compensates for it. Typical toners have 180ml of content at 1200 PHP. Calculating per milliliter:

Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner - 1728 PHP/260ml = 6.65 PHP per mL
Other toners - 1200 PHP/180ml = 6.67 PHP per mL
Practically the same right?

Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner

My Experience

Packaging

It comes in  a sturdy plastic container that allows proper dispensing of the product. The container is also frosted which elevates the design to a whole new level. All necessary information are printed and clear. The 280ml product content is a lot too! I imagine it'd last me many months.

Scent

I was initially thrown off by the scent. It smells herbal-ly. But now, I have learned to appreciate this. It smells really clean (there is no such scent! haha, you get it). No fragrance is added though, so this is what the ingredients really smell like when combined. Others have indicated a lavender scent, which I honestly don't smell.

Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner
My hands are dirty! Haha. I'm eating popcorn while I took this shot.

Texture

The Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner is watery - hence, a runny texture. I have to use it using a cotton pad. I waste too much product when I apply it using my palms. It is clear and does not have any additional colors.

Application

Upon application, there is a slight cooling sensation. It absorbs unto my skin quickly, much quicker than my Klairs Supple Preparation Toner. I hate waiting for products to absorb since I am always rushing. I also feel that my skin is instantly hydrated too and that it is ready to absorb the rest of my skin care products. 

Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner

Results

I noticed that after using this product for a few days, it calmed down the breakouts I had on my skin. Seriously, I have been so sleep deprived these days that breakouts are inevitable. It helped reduce some of the redness I was experiencing in my face as well. It removes impurities and dirt that my cleanser can't. I also feel that it soothes the irritated parts of my skin and is making my skin 'heal'. I find that it's refreshing to use, especially at night. I did not see an effect on brightening and wrinkle prevention though. 

My Thoughts

PROS
  • Hypoallergenic
  • No Parabens
  • No added fragrance
  • No Colorant
  • No Mineral Oil
  • Soothes Irritation
  • Contributes to skin healing
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Leaves skin hydrated
  • Calms down breakouts
  • Reduces redness
  • A lot of product with 260ml of content
  • Refreshes the skin
CONS
  • Smells herbal and can be overbearing
  • Needs to be applied using a cotton pad/ball
  • No noticeable brightening effects
  • No noticeable wrinkle prevention effects
  • Very pricey
I generally like the Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner. The pros are greater than the cons. I like how it soothes my skin and how it aids my skin's healing process. My breakouts are ever thankful. I also like how it feels refreshing and how it calmed down my pimples. I don't like how runny it is. I still prefer to use my palms in applying toner as cotton pads absorb so much product, which is a waste.

Although the Rovectin CICA Care Purifying Toner is an incredibly great toner, I find that it is also incredibly above my price range, though price is made up for by more product. If I had not been given a chance by Style Korean to try this out, I would never even have considered this. However, Rovectin is such a great brand and I completely support their brand's mission (see here).

Repurchase?

Maybe if it goes on sale, perhaps around 50% off.

Related Items: 


Have you tried this product? How did it work for you? What's your favorite Toner? Let me know in the comments below.


Note: This product was provided by Style Korean for a review but all thoughts are my own and are not influenced by the brand and/or its affiliates. 

7 comments

Veronica Decides to Blog