Review: Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light

Saturday, November 3, 2018
Ever saw a product being given extremely positive reviews and you can't wait to get your hands on it, hoping it'll be the answer to all your skin concerns? Well, that happened to me for Elujai's Propolis Mrryh Ample Light

The Elujai Propolis Mrryh Ample Light was raved upon by some of my friends from the Asian Beauty Community- Philippines. They said that it reduced their breakouts, lightened up scars and made their skin baby soft. My interest was fueled further with new Propolis products sprouting here and there. It seems to be a promising 'it' ingredient recently. You can only imagine my excitement when it got restocked at Dara Beauty Market, a local Kbeauty shop in Cebu.

Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light


First things first before we proceed with this review. A brief introduction for the star ingredient, Propolis

What is Propolis?

Propolis is a resinous mixture that honey bees produce from tree buds sap flows. When they combine the sap with their own discharges and beeswax, they create a sticky, greenish-brown product used as a coating to build their hives. as well as function as a natural disinfectant against bacteria. This property of protecting the beehives is said to apply the same way to our skin. (Source)

It is even said that Egyptian Pharaoh Cleopatra, ancient icon of beauty, started using propolis (then used as an embalming ingredient) on her skin.

Propolis Benefits:

  • It is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral. 
  • It smoothens and softens skin
  • It is moisturizing. 
  • It soothes inflammations. 
  • It is free-radical fighting. 
  • It controls oil production. 
(Source) 

About the Product

Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light is an ample/ampoule which contains honey extract. It gives moisturizing abilities on the skin, prevents dryness and helps to manage moist skin. Also, it improves the condition of the skin and manages healthily with royal jelly extract, propolis extract and etc., because it stimulates the circulation of a cycle on the skin. Effects: Anti-Wrinkle, Whitening Functional Cosmetics.

Ingredients

Purified Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Denatured Alcohol, Niacinamide, Propolis Extract Powder, Red Ginseng Water, Green Tea, Shea Butter Extract, Bergamot Leaf Extract, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Chamomile, Triethanol Amine, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-6 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Adenosine, Sodium Iodide, Dipostassium Glycryrrhizate, Fragrance, Powdery Martian Extract, Manganese Berry Extract, Leaf Bend Flower Extract, Freesia Flower Extract

For more information about the ingredients, please click here.

How To Use

Apply 3-4 drops on clean face and rub or gently pat on entire face.

Price/Where to Buy

130 PHP at Dara Beauty Market

My Experience

Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light

Packaging

The product comes in a 15ml amber colored glass bottle. The bottle also contains a dropper for hygienic and convenient application. The bottle doesn't seem full upon opening because some of the product is already inside the dropper. You can easily see that the dropper is made of cheap materials because it's not as sturdy as other droppers I have tried. Product is so cheap that I can let this go. I love the packaging overall. It looks elegant and is extremely photogenic. I do wish they'd package this in bigger bottles. 

Scent

I love the smell! It smells like baby powder and that may bother some people but I honestly love it. 

Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light

Texture

Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light is, by its namesake, very very light. You can even apply this during the mornings. The liquid is clear and a bit viscous but is not too thick either.  Texture allows it to be easily spread throughout the face. 

Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light

Application

Dropper makes application easier. Product is easily absorbed by the skin. Immediately, I feel my skin is smoother and moisturized. I also noticed that I felt some soothing feeling on my existing pimples. It doesn't leave the skin feeling tacky too. 

Results

I slowly incorporated it into my routine and it did not work for me at all. Not only that, after a few days of use, I had some tiny bumps and pimples all over my chin! I am acne-prone but I don't usually breakout in this area so I do not think that this is purging. Also, the pimples that developed were also itchy which is not common for me. Some were huge and some were small in size. I have to admit that it did moisturize my face and I did see how soft it made my skin. 

I decided to stop using it and my breakouts started to heal. I gave it another chance after a few weeks and boom, just like that, same effect. I woke up with new bumps and pimples on my chin area again.  😱 I knew I had to stop using it since my skin was reacting negatively. 

My breakouts were large and inflamed which is not common for me.

My Thoughts

PROS:
  • Very cheap. 
  • Lovely bottle.
  • Comes with a dropper.
  • Light and is not tacky.
  • Moisturizes skin.
  • Smells like baby powder. 
  • Soothes breakouts.
  • Softens skin.
CONS:
  • Made me breakout.
  • Not easily available or always sold out. 
Although Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light worked for so many people, it sadly did not work me. I wanted this product to work so bad because I love how affordable and soothing it is. I really love the powdery scent too! It did moisturize and soften my face but the effect is not worth all the breakouts that were popping out. 

I also wanted to thank this product. It made me realize that my skin does not receive honey based products well. In skincare, it’s beneficial to find out what ingredients your skin likes and what it loathes so you know what you want to avoid.

I still won’t discredit Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light. It did work well for a lot of people, so it might just work for you. If you’re not sensitive to honey, then it might be worth a try. If you are, then heed my warning and STEER CLEAR!

Repurchase?

No. 

Have you tried Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ample Light before? Let me know in the comments below.

Note: This post is not sponsored in any way. All thoughts are my own. Your product experience might be completely different from mine. 





2 comments

  1. i am reacting in the same location, chin area. :((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read this.i am also acne prone but I will give this a go. Hoping for best result.

    ReplyDelete

Veronica Decides to Blog