B&Soap My Secret! Glacial Water Mask Review

Saturday, September 15, 2018
B&Soap My Secret! Glacial Water Mask Review

This review is about the B&Soap's My Secret! Glacial Water Mask that I bought from Althea Korea sometime last year. I was only able to try it out recently. 

About the Product

B&Soap's My Secret! Glacial Water Mask is a mild and calming mask which contains six pure minerals extracted from Alaskan glacial water to soothe and condition your skin. Formulated for those who have dull, dry or sagging skin. Glacial Water will replenish moisture to every single layer of your skin for deep hydration. 

What is Glacial Water?

Glacier Water is water from ice blocks at very low temperatures that are free from human contamination. It boasts special properties which render it purer and cleaner than other water. These characteristics are applied to cosmetics to prepare extremely delicate and pure products with a high cleansing and moisturizing capacity (Source). 

Ingredients: 

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glacier Water, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

Price:

41PHP or about 0.8USD from Althea Korea. 

Masking Duration: 

10-20 minutes

My Experience

Packaging: 

The packaging is great! It looks cute and kind of reminds me of a post card or an old fashioned envelope. All information in the packet is in Korean though, except for the ingredients. 

Scent:

Upon opening, I noticed a perfume-y scent. Take note that this mask has 'Fragrance' as one of its ingredients. The best description I could give you about how this smells is that it's like a typical beauty product. I hope that makes sense! Luckily scent was not overbearing and disappeared upon mask application. 

Material: 

The mask sheet material is thin and had a really great fit for my face. The mask was very adhering as well. 

Essence: 

Essence is thick and not drippy, consistency is like that of an aloe vera gel. The packet did not contain a lot of it, however, the sheet mask was completely saturated. The mask did not dry out through out the recommended masking time which is 10-20 minutes. I usually follow the maximum limit when I use a sheet mask. Essence was absorbed in under 10 minutes. 

Results:

This mask left my face with a dewy finish, feeling moisturized and not tacky at all. I felt that my face was truly hydrated even during the morning after. I didn't have any breakouts or reactions that I can associate with this product. I noticed a bit of a pore tightening effect too. 


B&Soap My Secret! Glacial Water Mask Review

Thoughts

It's the first time I'm encountering glacial water as a skin care ingredient and I am impressed with its hydrating properties. This is also the first product I have tried from B&Soap so I really did not know what to expect. Glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised with this mask. I will definitely repurchase! B&Soap's My Secret! Glacial Water Mask will be great to have in my stash whenever my skin feels extra dry. Might be time to try out more Glacial Water products too! 

Have you tried Glacial Water in skincare before? Let me know below!

Note: This post is not sponsored in any way. All thoughts are my own. Your product experience might be completely different from mine. 


Follow this blog on:

2 comments

  1. I never met this brand before, but I like the moisturizing mist with glacial water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the other version of this mask, the sea water one and it also delivers great results, plus it's so affordable.

    ReplyDelete

Veronica Decides to Blog