Pageant Girl

Friday, January 17, 2014 12 Comments A+ a-

I'm so sorry about my irresponsibility as a blogger. I've been super busy lately. It's like our teachers punished us for having fun during the holidays. Ugh. I don't have spare time anymore. It's just sad. 

So, onto the point of this post. 

I've never been a pageanty type of girl. So I'm not sure why ever since I got into college, my college had their eye on me, wanting me to represent them in the school pageant. But since I can't imagine myself being one of those girls and walking and answering questions and fake smiling, I turned them down every year. Not so much this year. Not because I wanted to join but because I didn't have a choice. They kept pressuring me and pressuring me for three years until I just got used with the idea. 

We had to fill up a form and I just stared at the form for the longest time. I can't come up with answers. I'm not on the 'write fake and cheesy answers' side. So, my brilliant friends helped me with that. They are seriously very supportive. I don't know if they're really excited or if they just feel bad for me that I have to go through this. But then again, this has been written in my fate. I have to join. And I hate it! 

Moving on, we have to have practices and stuff. Plus I have to practice for the talent portion and don't forget about working out and dieting. This in addition to the tons of school work I have to do and my online work, I think it's too much for me to handle. I'm not superwoman. I have to sleep people. The pageant will be in less than a month. I'm still not prepared. 

Anyway, wish me luck. I hope I don't, in any way, embarrass myself. I'm sure I would! 

By the way, have you ever joined a pageant? If yes, can you give me tips? If no, can you imagine yourself joining one? 

12 (mga) komento

Write (mga) komento
Anne
AUTHOR
January 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM delete

goodluck veron ! i bet you will do great in peagant thingy ! n_n and nooo i couldn't imagine if im joining one people probably gonna pass out seeing me hahah XD

Reply
avatar
Michy
AUTHOR
January 18, 2014 at 1:34 AM delete

Oh! Good timing! It was yesterday that my college held their annual Mr. and Ms CAS and I was one of those who helped in stage design. And I got a glimpse of how pageants works in my college :D And no, I never joined! It's never my thing! And I will never be! So modelling is fine. B)

Anyway, as I was watching the rehearsal while we were finishing the stage, I took the following notes as something every aspiring/pressured (in your case) pageant contestants need:

-Stage Presence. Like, you must put it in your head that you have to pose and stand still and walk and count to 3 and then you say stuff like, "MARIA CLARA, 17, MASS COMMUNICATION!" then count to 3 and walk back and...yeah if you get what I mean. Oh, and you are required do that in high heels. And I know it's not every girl's thing.

-Timing. Every contestant must remember the time limit for retouch and change of clothes for the next segment. This is pressuring, I bet. Since you have to do everything in rush!

-Pasensiya. It always applies. Lalo na kung badtrip na yung Project Head/Director ng Pageant. Pagpasensiyahan niyo nalang. :)

-Be an early bird. When the PH gives you the call time, I suggest you should be on the venue an hour early or more. :)

-Poise. And lastly,

-Act natural! It may be new for you but you will get by. :D

Good luck out there! Even though it's not your thing, enjoy it. :)

Reply
avatar
Bee-chan
AUTHOR
January 19, 2014 at 11:06 PM delete

Wow! GOOD LUCK ATE VERON! :D

Reply
avatar
Czarina Mae
AUTHOR
January 22, 2014 at 10:04 PM delete

Good luck with your pageant! I admire your courage for taking up the challenge (despite being forced into it, haha) which I'll never be able to do. All the best to you! :)

Reply
avatar
sHeRrY
AUTHOR
January 26, 2014 at 8:19 AM delete

glück! The only pageant I've ever joined was when my parents entered me in this Little Miss contest when I was 5 hahah and a few forced school and district representations yet not contest here and there:)
http://www.sherrylicious7.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
Aaliyah
AUTHOR
January 29, 2014 at 10:42 AM delete

I can understand why your schoolmates/friends keep bugging you about joining. you are smart and really gorgeous I'm sure you'll make a great pageant contestant!! Best of Luck! Keep us updated about it!!

Reply
avatar
Kayla
AUTHOR
February 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM delete

Ohh that sucks that they've pressured you into this. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great and I hope hope hope it turns out to be way more fun than you think!

Reply
avatar
Pam
AUTHOR
February 28, 2014 at 8:30 AM delete

Wow, good luck Veron!!! I'm sure you'd win! Maybe they really want you to join the pageant because they feel you have what it takes to be a beauty queen. I'm not just talking about the looks, but also the brain and personality / characteristics of a beauty queen.

Reply
avatar
Veron
AUTHOR
March 23, 2014 at 6:57 AM delete

Some people almost did with me. Hahha.

Reply
avatar
Veron
AUTHOR
March 23, 2014 at 6:58 AM delete

And I did enjoy it. :D Thanks. :)

Reply
avatar
September 2, 2015 at 3:43 AM delete

That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

Reply
avatar