The Liebster AwardMiss Young Lady informed me that she nominated me for the Liebster Award. I was overwhelmed and grateful. But wait, what is the Liebster Award? I have just heard of it. Claudia also posted a short description of it on her post. I've learned that it is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers as a way of discovering new bloggers and welcoming them into the blogosphere. All you have to do is answer a few questions given by the person who has nominated you and then nominate others who would answer your own set of questions. Easy right? I don't know how it actually started but I think it's a really good idea. An easy way to promote other blogs and your own blog as well, so I'm happy that Claudia was nice enough to nominate me. :)
Here are her questions:
- 10 facts about yourself and a picture
- 1.) I'm half Filipina and half German. But I was born and raised in the Philippines.
- 2.) My hair is naturally curly. I love how I don't have to do anything to make it look made up. I never have to go through the process of curling my hair for parties. It does go frizzy though. Haha
- 3.) My eyelashes are real. Every new person I meet asks.
- 4.) I am a 4th year Civil Engineering student. I like Math and Physics alot.
- 5.) My favorite band is The Beatles.
- 6.) I grew up wanting to become a film director.
- 7.) I'm interested in history.
- 8.) The Lord of the Rings, Titanic, Catch Me If You Can, The Godfather, Ocean's Eleven, Fight Club, Good Will Hunting and The Shawshank Redemption are some of my favorite movies.
- 9,) I am an Aquarian, born on February 1, 1994.
- 10.) I am not musically talented but I love music.
- Can you forgive and forget? I believe that yes, you may forgive but I'm too sure about the forget part.
- Would you prefer to live an easy life or an interesting life? Why? I don't think there's such a thing as 'easy life'. We've all got our own problems. You may think that a certain person's life is boring but that's just because you don't full know them. We're all interesting in our own way.
- What styles define you? I'm quite girly yet quite not girly. Haha. I don't know what my style is actually.
- Talents? I write. No singing or dancing.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Infatuation at first sight, yes. Love, no.
- How will you recognize true love? You probably don't. I'm not one to have romantic ideals.
- A habit that you wish you didn't have I bite my nails. I don't like it but it helps calm me during exams and quizzes.
- Write a letter to your reflection in the mirror Hey you, remember that whatever you put your mind into, you can achieve.
- Write a letter to your parents or boyfriend/girlfriend Dear parents, thank you so much for everything. I've grown to become a strong good girl and it's safe to say I wouldn't be this way if not for you. You have raised me well and I am greatly thankful. I promise to make all the trouble I've caused worth while.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging again because I was losing touch to my artistic and in-touch-with-my-feelings side. I got so swallowed up with the logical side that engineering brought upon me that I forgot my love for writing.
- What is the first thing that capture your attention when you visit a blog? The name. I would immediately judge how witty and carefully thought of the name is.
- If you could write a book, what would it be about? I used to dream about writing a book based on Beatles songs. It would be composed of young men in a band, just like the Beatles. How creative, not.
- Your treasure items My Ipod. That's about it.
- Describe your bestfriend I don't believe I have a best friend. Best friends though. It would be unfair to describe just one.
- Sony or Samsung? Although my phone is a Samsung, I actually prefer Sony. :D
- What is your favourite quote and by whom? 'No one I think is in my tree.' -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever.
- Home-cooked meal or to go out to a restaurant? Depends on who's cooking. Haha.
- What is your great memory from your past? I had a very good childhood so I guess anything from that.
- Do you have a former favourite outfit that you're now embarrased of? What was it, and why does it make you just ask "why??" Yes. I had this shirt that just made me look fatter than I am and then I decided to put an ugly belt over it. Since I thought it was fashionable, I wore it to a concert. So my picture with the band's lead vocalist is me looking ugly in that outfit.
Okay, so I'm done with Claudia's questions. Now, on to the questions people I nominate will have to answer.
Now, on to the people I get to tag.
- What movie never fails to make you cry?
- What is/was your favorite subject in school?
- How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend?
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
- Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
- Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
- If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
- What’s the first thing you notice about people?
- What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
- How do you feel about public speaking?
- Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- Have you ever unplugged from the Internet for more than a week?
- What’s one mistake you keep repeating (and repeating)?
- Have you ever stolen anything?
I can't wait to find out how you answer them. Please inform me too if you do. :) Remember, you have to tag and follow other people as well. Have a great day!
PS; I can't get back to your messages right now, I am somehow banned. I don't get it. I'll chat back when I am able to.